Effective November 2, 2018
Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personal Information that You Provide Us Actively
When you fill out registration forms, or provide us with other personal information actively, you will know what personal information we are collecting, processing and/or using because you are actively submitting it. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with personal information also may change, but here are some examples of situations in which you may decide to provide personal information to us:
- Creating an account;
- Signing up for email alerts;
- Uploading data to Itso Services;
- Using Itso Services to link or sync data;
- Authorizing us to access a third-party service on your behalf;
- Completing a form related to one of our products or services;
- Contacting us for technical support or customer service.
Depending on how you interact with Itso Services, the types of personal information we collect, process and/or use from you may vary. For example, to create an account we may ask only for an email address and password. In other circumstances, such as when you complete a form related to a particular service offering, we may ask you to provide other information, which may include your name, phone number, and/or postal address. The provision of personal information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the respective information you will not be able to create an account and/or to use all of our services. In some cases, such as when creating a shortlink (also known as a "go link") on Trotto or syncing data with Squire, you may voluntarily grant Itso permission to manage data that is confidential to your place of employment. Itso will only review or use such information as described herein and in accordance with the relevant Terms.
On a voluntary basis, those of you purchasing products and services from Itso may also decide to provide us with information such as payment information, including a bank account, credit or debit card number. This information is stored in our secure accounting software separate from all of our other user and customer data.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you use Itso Services, your device is automatically providing information to us so we can respond and customise our response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means may vary, but generally includes technical information about your computer, such as your IP address or other device identifier. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with Itso Services. That information may include the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, location data (if you have enabled that collection on your mobile device), and other information about how you used Itso Services.
Automated means of data collection include the following:
Web Browser. When you visit an Itso website, your browser automatically sends us your Internet protocol ("IP") address so that the web pages you request can be sent to your computer or device. We use your IP address to determine additional information, such as whether the computer or device has ever been used to visit Itso Services before, which Itso Services features were used the most often, and how much time was spent on a page.
Web Beacons and Log Files. We use "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, tracking pixels, and clear GIFs) on our websites. These web beacons allow us and third parties to collect information such as the IP address of the device, the URL of the web page, the time the page was viewed, the type of browser used, and any additional information in cookies that may have been set by the third party. The information is typically collected in log files, which generally track traffic on our websites. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including the management of our online advertising by establishing which ads brought users to our websites. The information also is used for analytical purposes and to manage technical issues that may arise.
Cookies. We also collect, process and/or use information using cookies to help us identify you when you visit Itso Services and we may share cookies with third-party advertisers or advertising networks to serve you relevant, targeted ads if and to the extent you have consented.
How We Use Information/Purposes
We may use the information we collect:
- to aggregate and display content from services you authorize us to access on your behalf;
- to customize and improve the features, performance, and support of Itso Services;
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement;
- to communicate with you regarding Itso Services;
- to analyze use of and improve Itso Services;
- to create aggregate and statistical datasets and models to improve Itso Services;
- for other purposes that you separately authorize as you interact with Itso Services.
How We Share Information
We do not disclose your individual account or usage data to third parties, except as follows:
- With your consent.
- We use affiliated and unaffiliated service providers all over the world that help us deliver our service and run our business subject to strict confidentiality agreements. (For example, if you enter credit card information on our Sites in connection with a purchase, in most cases that information is sent directly from your browser to the third-party service provider we use to manage credit card processing and we do not store it on our servers. The service provider is not permitted to use the information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf. The exceptions to the foregoing are limited to employers and individuals which purchase select products from Itso by entering credit card information directly into Itso Services. That information is stored in our secure accounting software separate from all of our other user and customer data.)